Monday, January 28, 2013

THE GIFT OF LOVE

Picture76-1-1-1-1-1
She wants to be my daughter
With me she feels safe and protected
Her journey in life has taken her to many rough places.
It hasn’t been easy for her; she has felt misery and pain.
I walked in her footsteps for a mile or two.
And I cried when I seen what I had to view.
As a small child she was beaten and raped.
Wherever she turned there was no escape.
She thought life was the way it was supposed to be.
She didn’t know love would wipe away misery.
As she grew into adulthood things even got worse.
Life was not what it should be; she was living a curse.
When I met her I felt a deep burning in side.
Here was a girl who had lost all her pride.
I am glad lives journey caused her to detour.
And brought her to knock on my front door.
It is a mission that the Lord has given to me.
To give her the gift of love
And take away her misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment