Monday, January 28, 2013

ECHOES OF GOODBY


I hate goodbye
But if I were to say goodbye
I’d go to the top of the mountain
Where echoes can be heard.
My goodbye would ricochet
Off the cliffs and through the canyons
Over the lakes and rivers
Clear to the vast waters of the sea.
I’d make my goodbye plain and simple.
And let it be a creation of beauty.
I’d say goodbye to the world
The only way I know how
With well-chosen words
That would be unforgettable
And forever indelible.
Words with power and magnitude.
My goodbye would be a eulogy.
A thanks for time well spent.
A thanks for loving
And for being loved.
For letting me be me
Successful and free.
And you would hear it echo,
Through the annuls of time
And the vastness of eternity.
Goodbye, remember me,
As a writer and poet.
And as the one,
Who did things,
His way.

No comments:

Post a Comment