Sunday, January 27, 2013

REMINISCING THROUGH THE NIGHT

Building My Castle with Words of Wisdom While Reminiscing Through the Night



Reminiscing is a tool that I use quite often to set my mind free. I like to do it in the middle of the night when I'm all alone at my computer. It has brought me strength and renewed the goals I once had. It has helped me tremendously and I know it can help you. Set aside a time when you feel at ease (At least once a week). If it does nothing else it will bring you countless hours of peace, relaxation, and joy. Reminiscence refers to recollections of memories from the past. It is familiar to us all and can be utilized for the benefit of others. For people who are afflicted with the disease of self denial encouraging the act of reminiscence can be highly beneficial to their inner self and their interpersonal skills. Reminiscence involves exchanging memories with the old and young, friends and relatives, with caregivers and professionals, passing on information, wisdom and skills. It is about giving the person in need a sense of value, importance, belonging, power and peace. We all use it to cope in times of stress, such as mourning, it can also help reduce injury to our self image and it can create a feeling of intimacy and give special meaning to contact time with others. I love to write poetry and short stories. I'm encouraged by events of the past, these special events are brought to me when I reminisce. I love the magic of words and they give me a sense of power when I write. However through reminiscence you establishing identity with or without words and it's a good example of how we have to adapt, giving a valuable opportunity to acquire and use new skills of communication. I can better explain how reminiscence works through the words of one of my poems;

As I sit here alone staring down at my keyboard searching my mind for those magical words. I look at the past and reminisce about all the good things and good times that I’ve had. I remember the time when the best was all mine. My future was set and my goals were defined, And everything was all going my way.. Everything that I had seemed solid. .Every thing in my life seemed so pure. I stare at my monitor and watch all of the yesteryears fly bye. I look over at my printer and ask myself why. Why oh why did these things pass me bye.. I miss my sweet spouse and the kids running round the house. I miss my Blue Spruce and the yard that I groomed. I miss the Bar B Q that I built and the family parties we had. I miss it all, and my heart fills with tears as I think of those years and the wonderful life I once had. Then I say to myself "STOP" your life’s not over yet, make the best of what you have left. You’ve got friends galore and so many things to be thankful for. Your wiser now so share what you know and give help to those full of need. Show love and compassion to all of your friends and to all others as well. Let your heart swell with joy and get rid of those tears. There’s no room in your life to feel sorry for yourself and the best in life is still yours. So even though you felt lost now you’ve been found and it’s time to set yourself free.

No comments:

Post a Comment