Sunday, January 27, 2013

SHADY LADY

William Cash Neve

BDC

It was a cold winters night and the wind was fierce in its flurry.

The sleet was cascading in torrents of bitter fury.

That's how it was on the night this story took place.

A shady lady was beaten and left to die in disgrace.

She was thrown into a dumpster behind a closed unlit diner.

Her clothes torn into threads clung to her like a frozen binder.

She managed to crawl out of the dumpster on to the icy street.

Stumbling and falling, crawling for her life in the icy sleet.

Hoping with all hope that some one would find her and save her.

She could feel death sapping the little life she had left urging her on.

Finally she saw lights and heard a choir singing only a few feet away.

She rejoiced in the comfort it gave her and folded her hands as if to pray.

The next morning they found her a mile out of town.

Not a building in sight, not a living soul around.

She had a small crucifix clutched in her hand and a smile on her face.

I guess I could call this amazing grace.

As she stood before God she asked for His forgiveness.

CHORUS

Oh Lord Jesus, I see you beyond the horizon, your lovely face is music to me.

Oh lord of mine can you forgive me for I have sinned terribly.

I’m truly sorry, if I could do things over I would.

Please take me into your garden. Oh lord I promise to be good.

Let your life giving powers flow through me.

Let them flow into the depths of my soul.

I was lost Jesus now you have found me.

Oh please my lord Jesus put your arms around me and take me into your fold.

Put your arms round me let your life giving powers flow into the depths of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment